Republicus

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me. I lift my lamp beside the golden door." The Statue of Liberty (P.S. Please be so kind as to enter through the proper channels and in an orderly fashion)

Name:
Location: Arlington, Virginia, United States

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I've Seen This Movie Before

Reminiscent of Bill Clinton's meaningless 1993 pledge to have "The most ethical administration in history" and signing new standards pertaining to that in his first week in office, newly-installed President Obama--surrounded by Clintonites-- pledged:

I will also hold myself as President to a new standard of openness. Let me say it as simply as I can: Transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency.

That's great, Mr. President, but you can start by releasing your Occidental, Columbia, and Harvard academic records, your Columbia thesis paper, your Selective Service Registration, your Medical records, your Illinois State Senate schedule and records, a certified copy of the original birth certificate, the signed paper certification of live birth, and your record of baptism.

Otherwise, you're about as transparent as this guy:

4 Comments:

Blogger Rita Loca said...

But will the people even notice, they have such short attention spans.

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He'll be as open about his administration as he was during his campaign...

...and now he's got even more people to throw under the bus.

6:01 PM  
Blogger John said...

JM: No.

FJ, who's left?

He's cut his ties to his Chicago homies much faster than Clinton did with his own from Little Rock.

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll bet Rahm didn't... he's the designated fall guy should any of his Chicago schemes be revealed.

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home