Republicus

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me. I lift my lamp beside the golden door." The Statue of Liberty (P.S. Please be so kind as to enter through the proper channels and in an orderly fashion)

Name:
Location: Arlington, Virginia, United States

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Surprise!



Tuesday, June 13, 2006
(Foxnews)

BAGHDAD, Iraq — President Bush was meeting with Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki face to face on Tuesday after making a surprise visit to Iraq to bolster the newly-formed government and discuss the next steps in trying to shore up Iraqi security after three years of war.

"I've come to not only look you in the eye," Bush told al-Maliki. "I also come to tell you that when America gives its word, it keeps its word."

3 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Well, I've heard that "look you in the eye" before...

With friggin' Putin.

It's all good. ;)

10:04 AM  
Blogger John said...

I'm pretty sure we'll have favored customer status when it comes to you-know-what. ;)

11:09 AM  
Blogger John said...

When Bush said "The war will pay for itself"...

He meant it. :)

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home