Republicus

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me. I lift my lamp beside the golden door." The Statue of Liberty (P.S. Please be so kind as to enter through the proper channels and in an orderly fashion)

Name:
Location: Arlington, Virginia, United States

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Double Standard




Controversial pastor John Hagee (above) said that Hurricane Katrina was the wages of New Orleans' sins.

He had endorsed Senator McCain for president but had that endorsement rejected for remarks like that.

Controversial starlet Sharon Stone (below) said that the earthquake in China--which killed significantly more people than Katrina did-- was "karma" for its treatment of Tibet.

She has endorsed Senator Obama for president.

Well, senator?

11 Comments:

Blogger nanc said...

come on, john - you know karma is so much different than misconstruing bible truth?

*;]

you sure have been posting alot lately, parole going good?

hehehe...

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just checking in on The Inane Triviality of the Day blog. You've outdone yourself, John...congratulations.

11:01 AM  
Blogger John said...

Hi Nanc. :)

Thank you very much, Blossom. Wait until you see my next post. I'm going to rock your reality, baby.

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, when's the Senator going to return Sharon Stone's campaign contribution and disavow her support? :)

12:03 PM  
Blogger John said...

My thoughts exactly. Blossom didn't think it was so trivial when Hagee said much the same thing.

12:55 PM  
Blogger John said...

..and I'm sure Sharon Stone didn't like it, either.

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do as I say, not as I do...

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John said...
My thoughts exactly. Blossom didn't think it was so trivial when Hagee said much the same thing.


John, you're apparently diving for new depths in silliness...and overachieving again at what has become your forte. Are you so simple that you really think this is even similar, or are you just hoping your dopey little coffee kkklatch here will buy it?

Well, bye for now...gotta date with Fats. Too bad you girls can't check him out...believe me, Fats is a real misnomer, but he likes that kind of thing...my kinda crazy guy. So different from the little button downs on the right.

7:11 PM  
Blogger nanc said...

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

me, endeavouring to not feed your troll.

*;+

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's gotta like fat AND sloppy if he's dating you, pork blossom. :)

6:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wasn't the original Hagee complaint dredged from blossom's depths of silliness, John? I guess Republicans need to be held to higher standards that brain dead liberals...

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home