Republicus

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me. I lift my lamp beside the golden door." The Statue of Liberty (P.S. Please be so kind as to enter through the proper channels and in an orderly fashion)

Name:
Location: Arlington, Virginia, United States

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Bin Laden Unplugged

A new Bin Laden tape came out that is believed to be a complete version of the last one broadcast Jan. 19 on Al-Jazeera, the pan-Arab satellite channel.

Republicus believes it was made sometime before November 16, 2005, when President Bush made the first of an aggressive series of four speeches which laid out a plan for victory in Iraq to counter the Left's charges that the president had "no plan for victory," a theme Bin Laden regurgitated in the tape.

In addition to what Republicus had presented in the January 19, 2006 post "Human Beings At Their Worst, " which provided, hitherto, the complete text of what was released, the new tape provided more evidence that Bin Laden feels cornered.

He boasted:

"I have sworn to only live free. Even if I find bitter the taste of death, I don't want to die humiliated or deceived."

Two things stand out:

1) This part: "I have sworn to only live free. Even if I find bitter the taste of death..." smacks like the spiteful boasting one would hear from Adolf Hitler in the bunker willing to taste the bitter poison of cynanide rather than be captured by the Russians.

That, of course, goes hand-in-hand with the terrorist's world-view that suicide is a way to salvation.

But perhaps he is suggesting that he is ready to go out in a blaze of glory, a la Uday and Qusay Hussein, firing his gun at advancing Special Forces until he's out of bullets, and then swinging the butt like a club, a la Davey Crockett at the Alamo?

Republicus highly doubts that Bin Laden is made of the same stuff that Crockett was made of (or even what the young guns Qusay and Uday were made of, for that matter).

If he is not planning solitary suicide, then the only "blaze of glory" one could expect from such a snake is a booby trap, having a bomb strapped to his chest when he welcomes the U.S. Military to his humble abode with that pacific smile of his.

2) "I don't want to die humiliated or deceived" indicates that he is not only becoming self-conscious of his dire straits and his loss of dignity (getting tired of a lack of indoor plumbing, electricity, and the plethora of goats, one could suppose) as well as the humiliation of being tried and executed if he just surrendered, but has also become wary of deception, i.e. he has begun to mistrust certain people around him or his operatives on the field.

He's paranoid.

2 Comments:

Blogger Phelonius said...

I do think we should help Osama out with the whole dying thing. If he finds suicide better than a trial, why, I suggest tomorrow or even today is a good time. If he wanted a vial of cyanide then all he should do is provide an address and some UN people can go verify that he was the one who drank the stuff. I would be happy with that. I have it from good sources that Hemlock does the trick just fine. For that matter, I will grow the hemlock right here if he promises to off his sorry butt.

Still, if he prefers the blaze of glory, we still have some of america's finest over there in Afghanistan that would be pleased to give him his chance at that. God knows they have tried.

Normally I not want to interfere with the lives of "international personalities," but in his case I think we could all agree that the world would be a much better place without this one. I think it is hilarious that he boasts of living free when his hateful vitriolic condemns masses of people to live under Islamo-fascist regimes. So if he does not want a trial, then I say we re-introduce the old-fashioned Texas Neck-tie Party and dispense with a trial altogether. I, for one, would volunteer to be a "helpful hand."

2:03 PM  
Blogger John said...

You too, huh Jess?

I'm glad I'm on your side (remind me never to piss you off, either).

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home