Republicus

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me. I lift my lamp beside the golden door." The Statue of Liberty (P.S. Please be so kind as to enter through the proper channels and in an orderly fashion)

Name:
Location: Arlington, Virginia, United States

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Clinton Women Are Sexist

Tony Allen-Mills, New York

AMERICA’S favourite television presenter is paying a painful price for her intervention in the US presidential campaign last month. Oprah Winfrey has been dubbed a “traitor” by some of her female fans for supporting Barack Obama instead of Hillary Clinton.

Imagine this:

"One of Black America's favorite television presenters is paying a painful price for his intervention in the US presidential campaign this month. Bob Johnson of BET has been dubbed a "traitor" by some of his male fans for supporting Hillary Clinton instead of Barack Obama."

How does that sound?

How about this:

"Any man who votes for Hillary Clinton is a traitor to his gender."

What's wrong with that?

8 Comments:

Blogger nanc said...

perhaps there'll be a inert black woman on the ticket next time and then oprah will be able to cover all the bases in the dnc?

i have to wonder if condi were running who oprah'd back?

racism and all the other isms are alive and well right here in the good old u.s.a.

scenario:

what if there were no woman or black man on the ticket?

all this is making me dizzy - sure hope i worded everything right!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

This reminds me of the story about the man, the boy and the donkey...

You will get nowhere trying to please everyone.

11:14 AM  
Blogger John said...

Unless you're trying get the Democratic nomination for president.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Phelonius said...

I am still interested in how Ron Paul has done lately. The press has given him no coverage, but it seems like anytime he wants to raise a couple of million he has no trouble doing just that.

The talking heads for the republican party and the drive-by press have had a lot of trouble dealing with how popular Ron Paul really is and what his message is to date.

Admittedly, Ron is not the best talker, and his gaffs have made it hard for him to communicate in 4 second sound-bites, but there are those that are not willing yet to give him up altogether.

There is a talk show host here that has said that both Hillery and Obama are both "unelectable." I think that kind of thinking is a huge mistake. Hillery is certainly capable of being elected and so is Obama. Now, Obama is far more to left than Hillery is from what I can gather, but there is a real danger here.

I like Ron Paul, but I would vote for Sponge-Bob before I would allow a vote for either Hillery or Obama. I am curious to know if the others that frequent this site have opinions anything ike I do?

8:17 PM  
Blogger John said...

You mean Nanc & Kelly?

I share your sentiments. I like Ron Paul. I'd certainly vote for him over Billary or any other Democrat.

The press is ignoring him because they wrote him off as being "unelectable."

Funny, the person from whom I first heard the words "Hillary is unelectable" was a Libertarian friend of mine (a Constitutional lawyer here in DC). That was back in the day (summertime of '07) when Giuliani was the frontrunner though.

3:42 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

This reminds me of a joke...A Catholic, a Mormon and Protestant walk into a blog...

okay okay...nvm

"I am curious to know if the others that frequent this site have opinions anything [l]ike I do?"

I don't know very much about Ron Paul. But, think that I would be right with our dear Phelonius on the Sponge Bob vote.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Phelonius said...

The dems are in a real quandary. If they back Hillery, then they hate blacks. If they back Obama, they hate women.

I much prefer true conservatism that says that the skin pigment really does, in the end, make no difference. The dems have set themselves up by arguing in the past that color and gender really DOES matter. Now they have to demonstrate what their choice will be.

2:59 PM  
Blogger John said...

Sponge Bob over Hillary right here.

The Denms are being hoist by their own petard.

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home