Republicus

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me. I lift my lamp beside the golden door." The Statue of Liberty (P.S. Please be so kind as to enter through the proper channels and in an orderly fashion)

Name:
Location: Arlington, Virginia, United States

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Billary To Blacks:

"Let us win because we have a better chance of creating the opportunities for blacks like Obama to run for president in the future than Obama does!"

(DOH!)

10 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

That is the same argument for Hillary as well as Mitt.

Personally, I wouldn't miind a woman as president. I just don't want THAT woman for president.

8:04 AM  
Blogger John said...

What do you mean it's the same for Mitt?

8:21 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Well, if a Mormon get elected president it could happen again. There is a whole issue of that legitizing the religion.

1:26 PM  
Blogger John said...

What could happen again? A whole issue of what legitimizing the religion? This post was about race.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Well, I am sorry I missed your point.

11:07 PM  
Blogger John said...

I'm sorry I'm missing yours. :(

I really have no idea what you meant.

3:40 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I did miss your point. I don't remember reading this post exactly as you have it here. I honestly thought I read something else.

5:21 AM  
Blogger John said...

Kelly, it just occurred to me that you must have been responding to the first draft (which was redrafted because, obviously, it didn't say what I meant).

3:52 PM  
Blogger nanc said...

holy crappe!

i missed that one.

i did, however, hear one of the black female dnc talking heads on a fox news program the other night say something to the effect, "white folks are going to be upset when obama...blah...blah..." and i missed the rest of it, but apparently it's okay for them to spout such nonsense.

8:16 AM  
Blogger John said...

Nanc, she didn't actually say that, but essentially is.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home