Republicus

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me. I lift my lamp beside the golden door." The Statue of Liberty (P.S. Please be so kind as to enter through the proper channels and in an orderly fashion)

Name:
Location: Arlington, Virginia, United States

Sunday, January 28, 2007

New Blogger

Blogger has been recommending that your host convert to "New Blogger" for some time, but Republicus--a conservative--was happy with "old blogger" and thought: "Why fix what ain't broke?"

He didn't think that the risk of losing anything in the conversion was worth any of whatever improvements there would be (that were unsought for, anyway), and which very well could be superfluous.

Blogger, however, got tired with its "recommendation" being ignored and finally gave no choice: "CHANGE NOW."

And--lo and behold--Republicus is glad he did (this new format so far feels much more user friendly).

However, as others have noticed both here and at other blogs, the conversion negatively affected the commentary section, wherein the postings of guests come up as "anonymous."

Until it is ascertained whether or not the glitch is temporary or permanent (although your host would think it's only temporary), please be sure to sign off on your comments with your name. Thank you.

John

5 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Well that makes some sense...even if I have been with the new blogger for a few days already.

10:02 PM  
Blogger John said...

There you are. All better. :)

(presumably)

3:07 AM  
Blogger nanc said...

i love new blogger!

one could be deaf, dumb AND blind to use it - i do believe you'll be well pleased.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I didn't change my template over to the new way of doing things, however. I made too many customizations on mine and I switched and it didn't like making them again. So, I switched my template back and all is happy.

Hopefully, I will be able to show up as me from now on.

Kelly

6:42 AM  
Blogger nanc said...

i don't like when i don't show up as me...

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home