Republicus

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me. I lift my lamp beside the golden door." The Statue of Liberty (P.S. Please be so kind as to enter through the proper channels and in an orderly fashion)

Name:
Location: Arlington, Virginia, United States

Friday, April 14, 2006

Western Good Friday (April 14, 2006)




THE SCAPEGOAT OF SIN AND SAVIOR FROM DEATH (a.k.a. The Paschal Lamb)

THE LORD SAID TO MOSES and Aaron in Egypt: This month is for you the first of months; you shall make it the first month of the year. Speak to the whole community of Isreal and say to them: On the tenth day of this month let each man take a lamb or a kid for his family, one for each household...

Your lamb or kid must be without blemish, a yearling male. You may take equally a sheep or a goat. You must have it in safe keeping until the fourteenth day of this month, and then all the assembled community of Israel shall slaughter the victim between dusk and dark. They must take some of the blood and smear it on the two door-posts and on the lintel of every house in which they eat the lamb.

[...]

And as for you, the blood will be a sign on the houses in which you are: when I see the blood I will pass over you ; the mortal blow shall not touch you, when I strike the land of Egypt.

EXODUS 12:1-8, 13 (NEB)

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

My blog entry...
Happy Easter

5:04 PM  
Blogger John said...

Happy Easter, Kelly.

I celebrate it next week.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Ah, Greek/Orthodox Easter is on the 23rd. Would that by your reason?

11:36 PM  
Blogger John said...

I'm a week behind on stuff. ;)

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home