Republicus

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me. I lift my lamp beside the golden door." The Statue of Liberty (P.S. Please be so kind as to enter through the proper channels and in an orderly fashion)

Name:
Location: Arlington, Virginia, United States

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

BREAKING NEWS: He's No Lance Armstrong



GLENEAGLES, Scotland — President Bush collided with a local police officer and fell during a bike ride on the grounds of the Gleneagles golf resort while attending a meeting of world leaders Wednesday.

Bush suffered "mild to moderate" scrapes on his hands and arms that required bandages by the White House physician, said White House spokesman Scott McClellan. The accident occurred on asphalt, McClellan said. It was raining lightly at the time, and Bush was wearing a helmet.

Police said the officer suffered a "very minor" ankle injury.

The officer was on a security detail. He is a member of the police department of Strathclyde, McClellan said.

The president talked with the officer to make sure he was all right, and also asked White House physician Richard Tubb to monitor the officer's condition at the hospital.

The presidential bike suffered some damage, McClellan said, so Bush rode back to the hotel in a Secret Service vehicle.

The fall did not affect the president's schedule. Dressed in a tuxedo, he attended a dinner hosted by Queen Elizabeth at the annual Group of Eight economic summit.

He showed no signs of distress.

A year ago, Bush was cut and bruised when he sailed over the handlebars while riding a mountain bike at his Texas ranch.

In 2003, he tried out a Segway, the standup, motorized scooter at the family's seaside estate in Maine.

It went down on his first attempt, but he stayed on his feet with a flying leap over the machine.

Undeterred, he got on again and cruised around the driveway with his father.

Note by Republicus:

LOL! He hits a police officer! He sails over handle-bars!

And he just keeps climbing back on.

We're talking about a 59 year-old man here, and he's like a kid at heart (with the rugged and resilient body of a thirty year-old).

Hey, waitasecond: "Mild to moderate scrapes on his hands and arms that required bandages," and "cuts and bruises?"

Wow. If he was John Kerry, he'd have five Purple Hearts by now.

12 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Republicus has not been deleting. Again, that's Gotham retracting himself.

9:24 AM  
Blogger The Egel Nest said...

John got a blog!!!!!

Me so Happy! :)

Bradley
The Egel Nest

(I always loved the back-and-forth between Gotham and John) :)

1:20 AM  
Blogger John said...

Bradley! I came by your blog and was sure I left a comment, but I was afraid you deleted it! :(

11:05 PM  
Blogger John said...

Good to see ya.

11:18 PM  
Blogger The Egel Nest said...

Your post is still on my site John...I even responded to it :)

Bradley
The Egel Nest

2:50 AM  
Blogger John said...

Roberts is another nail in the coffin for liberalism.

The fact that a hard-core conservative like Coulter is suspicious of him potentially turning out to be another Souter (which might be a child-psychology ruse) while the hard-core Bush-hating Left are demanding to see his elementary school records (well, not really, but...) positions him well as a solid, conservative centrist, but make no mistake. The guys a Constitutional constructionist who, I would bet, will pull many wink-winks "capice?" with Scalia and Thomas.

Once Rehnquist goes, fuhget about it. I wouldn't put it past Bush to re-nominate Bork.

As for my dearth of new posts, well, I'm workin' on it, I'm workin' on it (unfortunately, I'm working on my tan more these days).

4:01 PM  
Blogger John said...

P.S. I would BET that Roberts won't disappoint (conservatives); but don't know for sure.

12:17 PM  
Blogger The Egel Nest said...

John-

We need a new blog...where you been? :)

Bradley
The Egel Nest

12:47 AM  
Blogger John said...

Hi Callie. Thanks for stopping by. I'm not familiar with what you're referring to, but from what I gather, I myself don't believe that any organization in a free society that wishes to divest from another organization--domestic or foreign, corporate or state, religious or secular--should be "retaliated" against and punished for not investing.

That's like, "Please give...or else."

It's borderline extortion, or blackmail. Definitely un-American.

Bradley: Right now I'm having a Huckleberry Finn summer (i.e. lying supine on a raft drifting down the Mississippi and gazing dreamily at the wafting clouds, figuratively speaking). Occassionally, I'll come ashore and creep through the village of Hannibal on a moonlit night looking for Tom Sawyer and throwing a dead cat through the window of a blog (figuratively speaking).

When I try to write, I just cain't, Aunt Polly, I cain't.

Maybe it's writer's block, which seems to hit me when I fly solo for too long (if you know what I mean: see *Shakespeare in Love*).

10:11 AM  
Blogger The Egel Nest said...

I once read that writer's block is actually a positive sign because it shows an abundance of thoughts in your head that you just cannot organize which is better than a lack of thoughts in general :)

Good luck...

Bradley
The Egel Nest

11:46 AM  
Blogger John said...

Thanks Bradley. I'll be back.

12:51 PM  
Blogger John said...

Hey Copypro and Chris, thank you for visiting... Heyyyyy, waitasecond. Are you guys, like, blogspam? Bots?

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home