Republicus

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me. I lift my lamp beside the golden door." The Statue of Liberty (P.S. Please be so kind as to enter through the proper channels and in an orderly fashion)

Name:
Location: Arlington, Virginia, United States

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Bush-Hater Overcompensates


Overcompensation: The ego-defense mechanism that covers up felt weaknesses by emphasizing some desirable characteristic or making up for frustration in one area by overgratification in another.

(Abnormal Psychology and Modern Life, Eighth Edition, R.C. Carson, J.N. Butcher, and J.C. Coleman)

In the March 2, 2006 post "The Bush-Hater Is BACK!" Republicus discerned:

Yes, (Lee Harvey's) apparently nursed back to health after Republicus went Beni Hanna on him a month or two ago, and is now timidly testing the waters before jumping in to swim with the shark (namely, Republicus)!

Republicus says timidly" because the man who went around as "Jeff"--who at one time had maliciously posted personal information about Republicus, then called the latter's righteous prerogative to delete the entry "cowardice," and then posted his own full name and city of residence as a show of shameless bravado-- now dips his toe into the deep waters of Republicus as... "anonymous!

That referred to his anonymous toe-tipping in the commentary section of the February 26 post "Banned From The Liberal Avenger."

The anonymous comment was then imported to the March 2 post where Republicus publicly un-masked him.

Undoubtedly stunned, he made no comment there after reading that, but he then overcompensated for his timidity by marching back to the February 26 post like an angry "Oh yeah?" Daffy Duck and this time climbing up on his unicycle as "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

And he's been stuck there like the needle on a broken record ever since.

Poor Lee Harvey. *sigh*

7 Comments:

Blogger John said...

And he bites the bait.

Thank you for my next post.

12:47 AM  
Blogger John said...

P.P.S. "But I know Republicus, or "Achilles Heel", or whatever your calling yourself these days...My how times have changed Achilles heel..."

Republicus was right when he identified Lee Lee Lee Lee Lee Lee Harvey as the lurking "anonymous" who uttered "Heel, Achilles."

And no, Amy, I was not "reading too much into it."

9:33 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Did I say, "Welcome to the ride."?

I did!

Yep, he caught the bait. Went fishing and caught yourself a BIG fish story.

It's like, you tell the guy to jump and he JUMPS!! Overcompensates!!! OHMY

also...does the fact that he has a kid on the way give his arguments credibility??? HECK NO!

10:26 AM  
Blogger John said...

That was Anubis, Kelly.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

The confusion was on your part, too.

as far as jeff goes...I think you like having him show up on your blog.

One thing he doesn't get is that people can think independantly and still agree. I first came to the blog because I was randomly looking through blogs on blogspot. I stumbled upon this and read one of your entries. I liked that there were others out there who agreed with the way I see things.

It was good to have some good political discussions with someone who doesn't have the same background as me.

I have met some interesting people here. I have followed and posted to some of the others blogs who's owners visit this blog. I like Amy, for instance, and have posted to her blog, as well.

But, I really don't like jeff!!! More often than not, I am not cheering for you. Rather, I am grumbling about HIM!!

He just couldn't take it that I pointed out that doing certain things doesn't make your argument valid. So, he rattles of something about some love affair.

THAT WAS LOW!!

JEFF!! GET A LIFE!

I'll be back when he's gone!

11:24 AM  
Blogger John said...

What "confusion" on my part, Kelly? I was only playing.

!Lee Lee Lee Lee Lee Lee Lee! and !Lee!-Harvey is characteristically sowing divisiveness and poisoning the waters with his insidious suggestions.

He does that. It's the old divide and conquer ploy.

11:33 AM  
Blogger John said...

Great. !Lee-Lee-Lee-Lee-Lee!-Harvey just offended a wholesome mother of five, a devoted wife, and longtime guest of Republicus with his dearth of savoir faire.

How gauche.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home